e-Commerce & Amazon (Senior) Director
(New Open position March 2023)
InDomo is a WPP company positioned as the most trusted ally for multinationals to unlock rapid digital business growth in a fast-changing environment. We develop together with our clients unique & bespoke “in-house” performance marketing solutions that unite, empower and enable teams to deliver the best consumer experience and achieve their business targets rapidly.
Together with our clients, we are breaking down organizational silos, towards a fully integrated marketing approach, organizing teams around the consumer journey and business objectives. We are reimagining and rewiring together with the clients their go to market activation, ways of working and marketing capabilities for remarkable results with the consumer and digital at the core driving digital and e-commerce transformation.
In summary, InDomo helps companies driving transformational change whilst driving business impact at the same time.
InDomo offers the follow key services:
- Strategic consulting and inspiration on in-house performance marketing; set up, organizational design, capabilities and operating model
- Accelerate busines growth and ROI on full funnel performance marketing activation programs
- Build & execute activation for E-commerce and D2C
- Build capabilities, new agile ways of working, operating model supported by tools & tech by on the job coaching and training
e-Commerce & Amazon (Senior) Director
The e-Commerce & Amazon (Senior) Director will oversee the Amazon and e-commerce function at InDomo and will manage the dedicated InDomo’s e-commerce resources. As such, he/she needs develop the e-commerce business for InDomo as one of the key strategic areas of growth for the company. He/she will be in charge of the P&L of that function by driving sales of consulting solution and resourcing it with the right capabilities/capacity, process, techs and tools.
He/she will be responsible to consult our clients in order to drive the performance of their e-commerce platforms, by strategising, planning and optimizing e-commerce foundations, merchandising along with the marketing and media campaigns on these platforms.
This role needs to ensure that e-commerce is fully integrated in the overall go-to-market approach and with all the other touchpoints including media channels (e.g. social, search, .com).
He/she coordinates reporting and insights in order to drive continuous improvements of performance in the e-commerce platforms.
This person is also responsible for the quality and performance of the PDP’s and Brand stores in the e-commerce platforms.
Key focus will be on the Amazon platform, in media, content, consumer journeys, merchandising.
He/she will need to spend time at the client’s side (eg 50% of the time).
- 10 years’ experience in e-commerce, D2C and significant experience in Amazon;
- At least 3 years’ experience in consulting projects or in consulting firms, with strong skills problem definition, route cause analysis, problem solving and effective strategy/ planning solution including effective communication;
- At least 3 years’ experience in team management;
- Strong & up-to date experience in e-commerce, D2C and in particular in Amazon platform possibilities, with regards to all domains (media, content, data, technical set–up, self-service tools etc.) to be able to drive business and marketing efficiencies;
- Strong experience in driving business results, translating data, and insights in impactful and measurable actions;
- Experience in e-commerce and D2C operations and sales;
- The role and the compensation will be Director level or Senior Director level, depending on the level of experience of the candidate.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage the overall InDomo e-commerce function, including capacity, capabilities, roadmap for InDomo. He/She leads the consulting and implementation services for our clients. Responsible to supervise the continuous performance in e-commerce at client’s side, and drive the ecommerce, D2C, Amazon activities and campaign performance optimisation with the team;
- Build the e–commerce business, marketing and campaign strategy as part of the integrated go-to-market approach. User journey flows, PDPs, brand stores, Merchandising, media, and reporting/ analytics are a key part of that;
- Audit Amazon and e-commerce situation and drive strategy, actions roadmap at client’s side;
- Inspire, educate and consult/advise the InDomo client organizations about e-commerce opportunities in sales, marketing and media;
- Define processes and tech requirements and improve efficiencies and effectiveness by implementing tools and technology for e-commerce and Amazon performance;
- Scale business impact on in-house solutions at client’s side to progressively improve business impact.
What we offer
As part of the WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty to choose from. We’ve listed a few below – and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Light, open-plan office space with roof terrace, onsite bar and stunning views over central Amsterdam;
- Health insurance with Achmea and Zilverenkruis;
- Pension Scheme;
- WPP Group Discounts.
WPP is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.